A Wellness series part I
According to the Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) the COVID-19 has been spreading in an exponential manner and has urged action amongst the communities in Illinois to reduce the communal spread by following the Center of Disease Control (CDC) recommendations to protect you and your community:
- Make sure your hands are clean by washing your hands with soap for 20 seconds or sanitizing your hands with hand sanitizer containing a minimum of 60% alcohol when soap and water is not readily available.
- Social distancing by keeping at least 6 feet between you and others. This is especially important to minimize the spread of COVID-19 in your community and to protect individuals who are at high risk.
- Stay home if you are feeling ill.
- Cover your coughs and sneezes with a tissue or your elbow, then dispose of used tissues in the proper receptacle. Wash your hands afterwards using the aforementioned procedures.
- Clean and disinfect surfaces.
Social distancing can feel particularly difficult and can cause anxiety and stress, an article from the CDC describes some ways to manage stress here. As a Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor in Chicago, I and the TriWellness team are here to support our community. We offer HIPPA-compliant Telehealth services to assist individuals in Illinois navigate through the COVID-19 pandemic at the safety of their homes.
Please check our blog everyday, as we will be providing resources to promote wellness in the time of social distancing in this week-long Wellness Series.